Our initial Ladakh itinerary was as below which got changed due to weather and some unavoidable circumstances.
- Day 1: Allahabad (night halt)
- Day 2: Delhi (night halt)
- Day 3: Amritsar (night halt)
- Day 4: Amritsar, sightseeing (Golden Temple, Durgiana Temple, Jallianwala Bagh, and Wagah Border)
- Day 5: Srinagar (night halt)
- Day 6: Srinagar, Local sightseeing
- Day 7: Srinagar, Sightseeing Gulmarg
- Day 8: Kargil, on the way Sonmarg Zero Point, Drass war memorial, (night halt)
- Day 9: Leh (night halt)
- Day 10: Leh, get permissions and sightseeing (Rancho school, Shey monastery, Thikshey Monastery, Hall of Fame)
- Day 11 Leh, Sightseeing (Shanti Stupa, Leh Palace and some shopping in Local Market)
- Day 12: Diskit, via Khardung La (night halt)
- Day 13: Diskit, Sightseeing Turtuk
- Day 14: Pangong Lake, via Agham shyok route (night halt)
- Day 15: Tso Moriri, via Chushul (night halt)
- Day 16: Sarchu, via Tso Kar (night halt)
- Day 17: Keylong (night halt)
- Day 18: Manali (night halt)
- Day 19: Manali, Local Sightseeing
- Day 20: Delhi (night halt)
- Day 21: Varanasi (night halt)
- Day 22: Kolkata (Home).
In future posts, I will share how we got deviated from our initial Ladakh Itinerary.
Do your Homework before you hit the Road.
Final Checkup of your vehicle before D-Day:
- Tyre pressure
- Oil Leakage
- Headlights, Indicators, Self-Start, and Horns working
- The fuel tank is full
- Footpeg, exhaust, and wheels nuts are tightened.
Eventually, Being a remote place, visiting Ladakh needs lots of preparations, be it mentally, physically. Finally, do check out below links to make this trip successful, we are sure you will never regret.
- How to prepare for Ladakh
- Things to Carry in Ladakh
- Medicines needed in Ladakh
- Mobile Network Connectivity in Ladakh
- Complete Guide for your Ladakh Trip
- Inner Line Permit Procedure for Ladakh
The posts are for both riders and non-riders, hope these make your trip successful and memorable, get Leh’d soon.
If you are doing a road trip to Ladakh, therefore you may find my Kolkata – Ladakh – Kolkata on a Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 journey helpful. Therefore link to all the posts is mentioned below.
Lastly, how was the guide, is it complete? Surely, do share your thoughts in the comment box. Lastly, Please share this post, if you find this content helpful. Thank You! 😃😃😃
Click to follow our Social Media Handles to get the latest updates
Although, we are in a process to queue up next post shortly until then do subscribe to Rider Escaped Newsletter to get future updates.
If you loved the content, share this with your buddies. Also, if I missed out anything do let me know in the comment section, I will include in the post.