Why we must use Official Aarogya Setu App – Setup, Importance & Limitations
Govt. of India recently launched a health-related application, Aarogya Setu. This application mainly developed and promoted to contact tracing COVID19 positive or suspected persons near us. But it seems to get many more functionalities like tips to stay safe, regular COVID19 updates, self-assessment, and many more.
Today we will discuss how to install, setup, & use the Aarogya Setu app, its importance, and limitations.
Quick facts about Aarogya Setu application
- It was launched on 2nd April 2020.
- This application is available in IOS (App Store) and Android (Play Store).
- Approximate download size 3-5 MB (Android) and 15-35MB (IOS).
- Within a month, this application is installed in over 50M+ devices.
- We can use this application in 12 languages.
- This Aarogya Setu application required Android version 5.0 and IOS version 10.3 at the minimum which makes this app robust in backward compatibility.
- This application takes less storage than any basic game or application.
- Bluetooth and GPS are required to be on always for better functionality.
How to Install and setup the Aarogya Setu application (IOS & Android)
Step 1: Search and install the Aarogya Setu application in Play Store (Android) & App Store (IOS) device. Otherwise you can download using Aarogya Setu App link – Android & IOS
P.S. It is the most recommended application in the health and fitness category in both IOS and Android platforms so you should find it on top of search results.
Step 2: Once installed open the application. For the first time, it will ask you to select preferred language (note: you can change your language later).
Step 3: It will show you a few instructions in slides like sharing the app, turn on Bluetooth and location service, etc. At the last slide, it will ask you to register followed by GPS and GPS permission, select always or Allow all the time.
Step 4: Enter your active mobile number and OTP to register. This is mandatory for contact tracing, details mentioned in the below screenshot. You should also read Terms of service and privacy also.
Step 5: Upon registering it will collect your personal details like gender, name, age, profession, your travel history in 30 days, and whether you want to volunteer in need, then Submit.
Step 6: Now the app will ask you whether you are well or not following by a 20-second self-assessment. It is recommended to assess yourself in the first place and at a regular interval later (please provide correct information for better results and proper contact tracing).
In self-assessment, it will ask whether any basic COVID symptom is present or not like whether you have a fever, cough, and breathing issues and a few more as mentioned in the below video.
Once done hit OK to go to the dashboard, where it will show your current status based on self-assessment like “You are Safe” in the video.
How to use the Aarogya Setu application
- Top 3 icons are for the COVID incident report whether your test is done or you are tested positive (hazard icon), share the application, and change the language.
- Now there are four tabs named your status, media, COVID updates, and e-pass.
- Your status will show results as per your self-assessment first. Then things to do as safety measures. Followed by your nearby incidents like how many tested positive, suspected COVID cases, or how many people self-assessed themselves. Helpline 1075 is also mentioned. Lastly, PM Cares donation links either through the official PM cares website or UPI.
- Media tab lists all the trending videos related to the Aarogya Setu application, tips to stay safe, etc.
- COVID updates tab will provide currents figures about active, recovered, and deceased cases in total and statewide. This data gets refresh frequently to keep you updated.
- Lastly, the e-pass tab is for them who work as the frontline support in this pandemic situation like medical stuff, police, wholesaler, retailer, etc.
What is the Importance of the Aarogya Setu application
Firstly, out of approximately 1.38 billion (138 crores) population, tracing COVID positive or suspected cases is next to impossible through the manhunt process and mass testing. That is why the government came up with a digital solution so that people can install it in their smartphone and self-assessed themselves which will further be used in contact tracing like if we pass by or interact with someone who tested positive after a week also, we will get notified and receive instructions on how to be safe and not to spread anymore.
It’s more than a month still many people taking things lightly by not following lockdown or official guidelines (like social distancing) and going into public places for unnecessary reasons. Through this app, they can at least check the latest COVID related figures straight from the government (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare) and will participate in the contact tracing process.
As per the government, every smartphone to be sold after lockdown must have Aarogya Setu app preinstalled and its setup also becomes mandatory. Through this application, the government can do many health-related things like an incident report, safety tips share, be prepared for future epidemic or pandemic situations, etc.
Limitations of the Aarogya Setu application
As of now, this app is not pre-installed so there are many limitations from a user aspect mainly
- Currently, the user has a choice whether to install the Aarogya Setu application or not. Even if someone installed the application but not set up or self-assessed himself/herself makes no sense.
- The Aarogya Setu app does not force to self-assess after a regular interval.
- This app needs GPS (location service) and Bluetooth turned on always which is obvious for tracking but the user may experience fast battery draining. And from the security aspect, if somehow the data get leaked millions of people’s location and their respective device may become vulnerable. I hope the government is/will definitely secure this data as much as possible.
- Today most of the smartphone comes with low power mode or battery saving mode which restricts many functionalities to save battery consumption including Bluetooth and GPS.
- Lastly, there are a huge number of people, not using any smartphone or beyond literacy to operate the app or understand the importance of this Aarogya Setu application.
The Aarogya Setu application is definitely a very good step from the government considering, we are in the digital era where many of us use smartphones virtually for everything like payments, applications, shopping, gaming, finding a location, learning something new.
Few more handful functions may enrich this Aarogya Setu app more like online medicine and grocery shopping especially for senior citizen users at least during this pandemic situation.
We all must ensure everyone (using smartphone) around us, must install the application and if needed, we should show them how to use it. I hope everyone understands the importance of contact tracing is in this pandemic situation. Below are the Aarogya Setu application links for both IOS and Android platforms, alternatively you can also visit the official government websites or search in respective app stores.
Aarogya Setu App link: Android & IOS
Ivica Dacic said, “No One can undermine National Unity”.
Be safe, Be alert! Don’t let this virus infect you or your family.
7 Easy Ways to Improve Yourself in COVID-19 Lockdown
Our whole revolves around “I”. We always want to speak and hear about ourselves only. Some of you may think about what kind of rubbish...
7 facts India will be next USA in COVID-19
COVID-19 is a massively contagious disease all thanks to the latest coronavirus Sars-Cov-2. Almost every corner of the world is either infected or has great...
Stop Travel before you know about CoronaVirus & COVID-19
These days people are only talking about CoronaVirus. Many people already know what is it and how to be safe in this epidemic situation. But...
Important Contacts and Apps
- The Helpline Email ID for corona-virus: email@example.com
- The Helpline Number for CoronaVirus: +91-11-23978046
- Toll-Free No: 1075
- Aarogya Setu App link: Android & IOS
We are planning to post a weekly update on COVID-19, considering the fact that news is constantly updating. . Till then subscribe to Rider Escaped Newsletter and connect with us on Social platforms to get future updates quicker.
Don’t forget to check out our Kolkata City Tour Guide.
If you want to add any useful information, comment down below or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Could you please spare a moment to share with post with your friends and family, help them to use Aarogya Setu Application too.
Lastly, spread out the correct information & awareness to all friends, family, and everyone. Let us fight together. We will try to update the info on a regular basis, so you may like to subscribe to our push notification also.
Thanks! Have a great day ahead.
This is very useful and informative app, but only when other too Have got it installed in there phones. As there is no proper solution I think having multiple option in hand would be the best and this app is one of them. Thanks for sharing this information.
Yeah, i recently downloaded this app some days back. You are right it is really good because it keeps us updated.